We Have so Much to Be Thankful for
A truly thankful heart is a gift from God.
. This past weekend we celebrated Thanksgiving Day – a time when we reflect on all the things we are thankful for.
. It’s one of those opportunities where we get to take our minds off of our daily tasks and just relax, enjoy time with our families and reflect on the fact that we do indeed have so much to be thankful for.Thanksgiving is a time when we remember that we have so much to be thankful for. Click To Tweet
Scripture to Ponder
- First Thessalonians 5:16-18 says, “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”-
- Psalm 100:4–5 (ESV) — 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! 5 For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. – Be thankful for God’s Eternal Goodness.
- Psalm 136 – 12 times says: “Give thanks” and 26 times says “His love endures forever.” – “3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever. 4 to him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever.”
- Romans 8:37-39 – “37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Things to Be Thankful For
- We have eyes that can see – we can look at all the beauty around us and praise, we can see all the disaster around us and pray, we can see letter and objects which are part of our learning.
- We have brains that can process and assimilate information so we can actually do the things that we are learning. Our brains store all of our memories and now we know that we are neuro-plasticians which means we can program the way we think – you don’t have to live your whole life in negative thought land you can indeed move into positive thinking and work with God to change some of those less than perfect thinking patterns you have.
- We have speech and language – we are able to talk and we are able to make sense when we talk
- We have legs and feet – we are able to walk and stand.
- We have arms and hands – we can hold and lift. We can wave and make other signals to communicate. [Examples – calls in sports and when riding our bikes (left, right, stop] Hands also give us the ability to write so we can store what we are learning
- We have bodies that confine all of internal organs in one place so they can function together to do all the things that they do.
- We have minds – we have the ability to read, study, learn, internalize and act. – We can even have our minds transformed.
- We have emotions – happiness, sadness, madness and gladness. We can also feel guilt which lets us know things are off and we need to repent. We know that we cannot rely on our feeling – more often than not “we do not feel like doing what we should be doing”
- Thank you that You provide us with our daily bread (Matthew 6:11)
- Thank you that we can ask for wisdom and receive it. And, thank you that we can ask without wavering. (James 1:5-7)
- Thank you that every good gift comes from Heaven. (James 1:17)
- Thank you that You have a plan and a purpose for each one of us – (Jeremiah 29:11).
- Thank you that we can be ready with an answer for the hope that lies in us. And that we can present it with gentleness and respect. (1 Peter 3:15)
- Thank you that we can be overcomers. (Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 26-28, 3:5, 12, 21)
- Thank you that we are Your sheep and that we know Your voice. AND that none can pluck us from Your hand. (John 10:27-28)
- Thank you for life abundant. (John 10:10)
- Thank you for choice. (Deuteronomy 30:19-20).
- Thank you for the fruit of the Holy Spirit. (Galatians 5:22-23).
- Thank you for the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:16).
- Thank you that you have made a way for us to deal with temptations. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
- Thank you for assurance. (Philippians 1:6).
Thankfulness is a lifestyle which changes the way we view our lives especially our hard times. Click To Tweet
Let’s see Psalm 117 Through Thankfulness :
- Thank you God that You have a plan which offers everyone the opportunity to be in a relationship with You and to live into Eternity with You. Thank you that Your love is unfailing and powerful and the Your faithfulness is trustworthy, true and unchangeable.
- Thank you God that you are the Same today, yesterday and tomorrow – thank you that we can know you fully.
- Thank you that Your ways are different than our ways
- Thank you that generosity makes us rich will hoarding makes us poor (— definitely thinking outside the box.
- Thank you for repentance and salvation.
- Thank you Father God for all that you do, Thank you Jesus for all that you have done and will do, Thank you Holy Spirit that we can be changed to become more like Jesus Christ.
- Thank you God for giving us the end – so we can be more thankful during the now till we get there.
Colossians 3:15–17 (ESV) — “15And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”
Let us not only be thankful for one day – let us embrace thankfulness as a lifestyle. Our circumstances may not change but our attitude can towards them. Let’s be THANKFUL.
Share in the comment box below some of the things that you are thankful for.