Last post we talked about the ACTS prayer plan and what each of the parts stands for. This is an example of how we can use the plan. We will start each section with a couple of scriptures and then see some points we can use to pray from those scriptures.
This is where we praise God for who He is and what He has done.
Revelation 15:3-4 – Great and amazing are Your works, Lord God, the All Powerful. Right and true are Your ways, King of all nations. Who will not fear You, Lord? Who will not glorify Your name? Because You alone are holy, all the nations will come and worship before You, For Your righteous judgments have been revealed.
Psalm 111:7-9 – The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy. 8 They are established for ever and ever, enacted in faithfulness and uprightness. 9 He provided redemption for his people; he ordained his covenant forever—holy and awesome is his name.
- We can praise Him for doing great and amazing works.
- We can praise Him because His ways are right and true.
- We can praise His holiness.
- Add some of your own thoughts that came to mind to worship God.
This is where we ask God to search our hearts and reveal to us any areas of unconfessed sins that separate us from HIm.
Psalm 139:23-24 – Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I’m about; See for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong—then guide me on the road to eternal life.
1 Samuel 12:20-21 – 20 “Don’t be afraid,” Samuel reassured them. “You have certainly done wrong, but make sure now that you worship the Lord with all your heart, and don’t turn your back on him. 21 Don’t go back to worshiping worthless idols that cannot help or rescue you—they are totally useless!
- We ask God to search the words that we use.
- We ask God to show us where our actions fall shot of His ways.
- We ask God to grant us the ability to repent (honestly) and then to move into a transformed way of living.
Psalm 95:1-2 – Come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come to him with thanksgiving. Let us sing psalms of praise to him.
Psalm 28:6-7 – Praise the Lord! For he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and shield I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
- Thank God for answered prayer.
- Thank God for our gifting.
- Thank God for our talents
- Thank God for anything special He has done for us.
Luke 11:9-10 – “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
Romans 1:9 – God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to God, whom I serve with all my heart by spreading the Good News about his Son.
- Ask for spiritual insight to understand God’s word.
- Ask God to make clear to you your identity in Him.
- Ask God for direction in your life.
- Now ask God the same above things for others, as well as any personal requests they make.
This worksheet should give you some ideas of how to link scriptures with the ACTS template to enrich your prayer life.