This Will Be My Best Year So Far
New Year’s Day is behind us. Many of us are figuring out our action plans to turn our resolutions into – “This was my best year yet.”
To make sure I achieve my goal, I have decided to make only one resolution.
My Resolution is to grow in seeking God first and letting Him take care of the other areas of my life.
I want to work with Him to: a) Increase My Faith— (2 Peter 1:5-10) (Romans 10:17). b) Grow in Trusting God – (Proverbs 3:5-6) (Luke 12:22-28) and c) Believe the truth that I am God’s Masterpiece – (Ephesians 2:8-9.) (Psalms 139:13-18).
Our goal is set, how can we translate them into reality:
- Be Consistent – if we fall, let’s get back up dust ourselves off and move forward.
- Be Specific – our resolution has to be something that we can set up daily, weekly, monthly markers so we can see progress. Progress is a great motivator.
- Be Intentional – know that you want to reach your goal and thus set a goal that you can reach.
- Be Action Oriented – We have to do something. None of us has ever accomplished anything by writing something on a piece of paper and sticking it in a drawer.
- Write it down – research has proven that goals written down have a greater chance of being met.
Another thing that I learned from doing research is that our resolution has to mean something to us, it cannot be something we think others would want us to do.
At the end of this year, I plan to have developed a deeper and more meaningful relationship with God.
God please bless each one of us as we step into this fresh New Year with all the plans and hopes and resolutions we have for improving our lives. May You grant us the courage, the discipline and the peace that we will need to be able to look back over this year and say it was our best ever. As always God, we need Your special blessing for the needs of today and we are so thankful that we can trust You. In Jesus Name, amen.